Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 4

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,053
· Newest Member: Rinla

View Thread

The Dyscalculia Forum :: Dyscalculia Sub-Types :: Working Memory
 Print Thread
Dyscalculia & Concentration - Should I Really Be Driving?
DinkyDelilah
#1 Print Post
Posted on August 13 2011 12:26 PM

Hello,

Can dyscalculia really affect our concentration?
Can it be a problem in all of life and not just maths?

I got sent home from my driving lesson today because my concentration went to pot. Granted I may have other things on my mind but I was driving fine and then all of a sudden it was like my brain had shut down and I was driving blind. Completely blind. I nearly crashed. Thing is its not the first time I've been told am driving blind.

Could dyscalculia really be affecting me that badly that...its affecting my ability to drive too?

Sad
x-Dinky Delilah-x

justfoundout
#2 Print Post
Posted on August 13 2011 05:04 PM

8/13/11
Hi DinkyDelilah,
We've had several Threads here where the members were discussing driving issues. Although I'm a good driver, I am not a 'quick study'. So, if someone had been trying to teach me 'quickly' how to drive, they would have been sadly disappointed. I have to rely on 'muscle memory' to learn things like driving,... that is to say,... I just need to do it over and over, without stress, before it 'sticks'. Each time I repeat a new skill, I relate parts of it with other things that I already know, so that eventually, the new knowledge feels integrated with the old.

I don't have the left/right issues that quite a few forum members have. It seems to me that they are the ones who have had the most difficulty with learning to drive.

Whenever you want to, you can do a word search on this forum, and then you'll find older Threads on this subject and many others. Nice meeting you. - jus'

Jump to Forum: