Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 5

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,053
· Newest Member: Rinla

View Thread

The Dyscalculia Forum :: Other Dyscalculia Topics :: Hidden Talents!
 Print Thread
Artwork from Members
karalyeva2
#21 Print Post
Posted on August 16 2006 06:03 AM

Hi Countess!
I'm glad you won't lose your German! German is a great language to know, so many people in the world speak it either as a first or second language. Is your daughter going to be bilingual? I always wished I was brought up bilingual, my mother's family is Russian and my grandmother's first language was Yiddish--so we have a lot of family languages, but I was brought up speaking only English! Wink
Lara

Countess
#22 Print Post
Posted on August 16 2006 05:35 PM

Administrator

To bee honest ... my daughter "learns" english in school (which is singing nursery rhymes at the moment) and if we stay with the family of my husband Pfft
So, her first language is german and hopefully in the future fluent english, like her mom had to learn it Pfft

Countess

By the way, I can better talk then write.
Edited by Countess on August 16 2006 05:36 PM
'You should really be sympathetic to people who suffer 'Normalism' (Geoff)
My Child (born 97) has Dyscalculia
Sorry for any spelling mistakes ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/countess_mom
ursina hack-maclellan
#23 Print Post
Posted on August 31 2006 04:48 PM

here's one of my mixed media paintings from an exhibition called tide mark

ursina hack-maclellan
#24 Print Post
Posted on August 31 2006 06:05 PM

i might have known it the above text left my mixed media painting behind somewhere it's a pity it was a nice one.two point something mega bytes. havent a clue how to change that hundred and fifty kilo bytes.help! anyone?
Edited by ursina hack-maclellan on August 31 2006 06:25 PM

eoffg
#25 Print Post
Posted on September 01 2006 07:53 AM

Administrator

Hi UrsinaPfft, The way that I changed mine, was to open my photo in my photo editing program. Where I selected; Resize.
But what I changed was the Pixels.
Which was about 2000 high by 2000 wide.
Which I changed to 200 by 200.
Then saved it.
This changed it from one MB to forty five KB.

So you could try this.
I'm keen to see your 'Tide Mark'!

GeoffPfft

ursina hack-maclellan
#26 Print Post
Posted on September 01 2006 04:35 PM

perhaps it'll do the trick now.
ursina hack-maclellan attached the following image:

[17.54Kb]

ursina hack-maclellan
#27 Print Post
Posted on September 01 2006 04:44 PM

way hey...
it's done it.it doesn't show up all the details but you can probably just make out the fact that there are several layers. i used bits of photocopied maps, paper stiched into with thread, acrylic paints, water colours, oil crayon,linocuts to print on top.it's textured if you didn't see it you could probably feel it.Wink

ert
#28 Print Post
Posted on September 03 2006 07:53 PM

ursina - you can upload the image at http://www.photob... - a free online photoalbum. Then it will be bigger Grin

http://www.facebook.com/mettechristoffersen
Krash
#29 Print Post
Posted on September 21 2006 02:05 AM

would any of you mind giving me online painting lessons? lol seriously tho. it looks good.

i wish i can paint.. i can only sketch things. if i ever try to color it, i'll butcher it.. >.>'' and im not the best drawer... and im really really lazy.. soo.. i dont upload a lot. here's what i uploaded =] http://s40.photob...e201/Ohnn/

there's 7 albums at the bottom. the ones with drawings are: Force Majeure, PointBlank, Krash&&Burn, and... that's all. the comics are umm.. backwards.. ><'' idk why tho.. i dont nessecarily like it because it's all choppy and kind of... shallow..ish, but i had to upload it online so my teacher wont think im being lazy and didnt work on the storyboard.. v.v''

i havent managed to upload any "realistic" sketches, this is all i uploaded because of a project that involved a storyline.. so yea..

*I dont mind if you look at my private pictures, though, i'd prefer if you dont.*

www.xanga.com/SyStemxOv3rDrIve
Krash
#30 Print Post
Posted on September 21 2006 02:16 AM

oh wait.. did i post it in the right thread... o.0''

eoffg
#31 Print Post
Posted on September 21 2006 06:40 AM

Administrator

Hi Krash, I liked your sketchesPfft,
You wrote:'i can only sketch things. if i ever try to color it, i'll butcher it..'

Though by 'colouring it', you probably mean 'colouring in'?
But a better way to introduce colour, would be to just draw some of the 'things' within a drawing in colour. Where you use the colour to draw the 'shape', but use grey pencil to 'fill it in/ put in the tones'.
For example, if the central character of a drawing is a box or a book, then you might draw the shape of it red, but then 'colour it in' with grey tones. Maybe you could use different colours for a couple of other main characters in the drawing?
By using colour for drawing 'lines', rather than 'blocking in', you would start to get a feel for using colour.
Also, are you using different grades of grey pencil, as from your sketches it looks like you are only using a 2B ?

GeoffPfft

ert
#32 Print Post
Posted on September 21 2006 02:31 PM

I like them Krash, I do. "The Main Character" reminds me of drawings in The Little Prince. Which is my favorite book.

Krash
#33 Print Post
Posted on September 21 2006 11:30 PM

=]
thx. im glad you like it ert. unfortunately, bookworm that i am, i never heard of it. i was just doodling around i ended up drawing that after drawing all over my history test. i still havent thought of a storyboard or anything for it yet, but the compliments gave me a bit of a motivation. =] thx again

lol. most of those drawings i drew in a standard "DIXON TICONDEROGA 2HB SOFT" mainly becuase it is equivelant to a 2B pencil (hence, your question answered). and because i like the eraser. Grin
but on my more.. shall i say, "serious" works (which is mainly architechure and still life), i tend to use a range of pencil from 10B to 10H and would murder anyone who disrupts my concentration or break my tools. (so you'll proably notice that im an art freak and a band geek Grin)

and when i mean "color it in" i mean to use anything but grey tone pencils. such as watercolor, color pencil, anything that adds "colorness" or a sense of vivacy into it just wont seem to agree with me. other than shading and using varying degrees of toning, im pretty much useless at anything else.

well, thx for the props =]
I live to draw, I draw to live.

dnab eht nioj =B

Countess
#34 Print Post
Posted on September 22 2006 08:16 PM

Administrator

Here`s some Artwork from my child
foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/59/4647259/120_3838393136383436.jpg

and it`s called Fantasy

Countess

Edited by Countess on April 01 2007 08:58 AM

Freda
#35 Print Post
Posted on September 22 2006 09:28 PM

That rocks. I wish I could do things that cool when I was young. XD

OneOutofOrderScrooball
#36 Print Post
Posted on September 23 2006 01:06 AM

Hey Countess, I like your new Avatar.PfftGrin and your daughter has a very good eye for color and telling a story by illustrations. Very creative.PfftGrinPfftI always enjoy looking at children's artwork and your daughter's is a real treasure. Big hugs and an extra special hug to your daughter for sharing her beautiful drawing with us She's quite obviously a happy little girl and I know you must be a proud Mum. Sign me, OneOutofOrderScrewballPfftGrinPfft:

http://www.myspace.com/ScrooeyLollibell
Krash
#37 Print Post
Posted on September 23 2006 06:40 PM

wow.. i wish i can color like that.. =]
I live to draw, I draw to live.

dnab eht nioj =B

Toe_Nail
#38 Print Post
Posted on September 23 2006 07:42 PM

Krash wrote:
i wish i can paint.. i can only sketch things. if i ever try to color it, i'll butcher it.. >.>'' and im not the best drawer... and im really really lazy.....

....... i dont nessecarily like it because it's all choppy and kind of... shallow.....

i havent managed to upload any "realistic" sketches, this is all i uploaded because of a project that involved a storyline.. so yea..

Hey Krash, I spent a long time looking at your drawings. I think you're being too hard on yourself because what I saw there clearly demonstrate that you have a talent to speak with images. Even if your sketches are kinda rough, even if the lines are a bit shaky or not closed, you have a good sense of proportions, dimentions, perspective and overall balance in your drawings; Meaning you know how to make good use of the space. I can also tell that you have a good sense of details. You also know how tomake good use of diferent plans, eg.: close-up plan, far plans, etc, in a way that keeps the reader interested and put the emphassis on important details and/or emotions - Excellent work! And don't think that I'm saying that just to be nice. I'm talking from experience. I'm a graphic designer but I also have experience working in the field of cartoon animation business - It isn't because you can't draw realistically that it means you can't draw. Every artist has his own drawing style. The best illustrators I've had the privilege to meet were cartoon illustrators. I don't know how old you are, but judging by what I saw in your drawings, you have excellent potential.

ert
#39 Print Post
Posted on September 24 2006 08:33 AM

countess - it kind of looks like a female god in the sky, lightning down on the earth Grin

Krash - you should def read it. It's online - http://www.angelf...ction.html (chapter 1 link in the bottom).

Countess
#40 Print Post
Posted on September 24 2006 09:37 PM

Administrator

My child is very proud that the whole world can see HER picture Wink
@OOOS: I delivered the hugs. Thanks Wink

Countess

Jump to Forum: