Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 4

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,054
· Newest Member: directionallyimpaired

View Thread

Print Thread
Time distortion strikes again!!
EarlyWarning
#1 Print Post
Posted on April 16 2010 03:24 PM

Soooo.. usually my time distortion is manageable.. and by manageable i mean i either show up hours early or hours late, and people have become accustom to it. Wink

BBuuuttt.. this time sucked.. as i actually showed up 45 minutes late for my own movie premier! Ugg.. i looked like such an idiot.. but i was at least able to spread the word about dyscalculia because of it. Wink

I thought i had mucho time then suddenly i'm 45 minutes late sneaking into the rear of the theater...*and i was rushing*!.. sigh.. i need to start listening to my scheduler again.. once it rings.. i know i have to drop everything! and start getting ready and actually GO.. to wherever i'm supposed to go to. Only that it starts to feel like i'm a slave to my scheduler.

It has become more apparent every single day that i just can't conceptualize the amount of time needed to do tasks, even small tiny ones..

but on an up note.. the movie is now done..and i can now hope to get more stability back in my life.. and hopefully in turn my time distortions stabilizes a little more.
You May not Live, But you will Die.

Arwen Evenstar
#2 Print Post
Posted on April 17 2010 05:52 AM

Awww, I'm sorry. Time distortion is never fun.

I'm working at a social tomorrow and the studio owners tell me via text to come "by" 7:30PM and I'm like WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! AT 7:30 OR BEFORE 7:30 *flail*

I know either I'll be laughably early or ridiculously late. Oh well, at least they know I'm dyscalculic and it doesn't seem to phase them so far haha.

But I'm with you-time is meaningless for me. I just don't get the amount of time needed to do something-which relates to my lack of sleep thing. Still waking up in the middle of the night, thinking I have to wake up. It's less often now but lawd is it a nuisance.

Jump to Forum: