Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
dreams and weird people
teecobug
#1 Print Post
Posted on December 30 2009 07:23 PM

hello all!
befor i say what i came to say, im just going to tell you all that im moving, so i wont be on quite as much.
anyway,
iv looked everywhere to see what this means, but i cant find it.
i have been having weird dreams lately. dreams where i meat random people and talk with them as if i know them. we talk and talk and i find out random things like there favorate drinks, favorate food, color ect. once i feel like i know them like a brother/sister i wake up.
i will think "wow... that was weird..." but then, later that day, or later that week, i will see them. walking down the street or something. i will rush out to say hi, and call them by name, and they will look at me like "who the heck are you?!?! iv never seen you in my life! stalker!!" and then walk quickly away. i feel sorta depressed then... i mean, like, they wer my best friend in my dream.... and they have no idea who i am.
i have only met one person who recognised me. we talked FOREVER! now we are like brother and sister. we are really close and we have everything in common.

i highly doubt anyone of you has any idea what this means, but i want to atleast check... i feel like im going insane.
teeco
he was like Pfft and she was like Grin and i was like Frown

Toe_Nail
#2 Print Post
Posted on December 31 2009 03:25 AM

Hi teecobug Smile

Dream interpretation is not as mysterious as some would like to think it is, but you are right in saying that you doubt anyone would know what your dream means. Because in fact, only you can truly know what this dream means.

So here's how to interpret your dreams:
Take a piece of paper, trace a line to divide it half.
On one side write down the details you remember about your dream.
On the other side, write down how you felt when having that dream. There can be several or it can be difficult to identify those feelings, so take the time to meditate and think about it.

Then, on another piece of paper which you divide in half like the first one, write on one side what happened in your life during the week and especially the last two days before your dream.
On the other side, write down how each of these events made you feel.

Finally, compare both piece of paper. You will notice that one or several feelings/emotions that you wrote down repeat themselves on both piece of paper about your dream and about your life events.

If say for instance, feeling abandoned or lonely is a common recurring theme, then you have an idea of what this is about. It's your subconscious mind trying to tell you something. Perhaps, you miss your old friends, or you have trouble fitting in or feel accepted, at work, at school or wherever which in turn is making you feel rejected, abandoned or lonely.

These are just examples I'm giving you so that you get the idea but you are the only one that knows what applies when it comes to interpret your own dreams. It's not difficult, it only takes a little bit of introspection work Smile
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer -- Albert Einstein

teecobug
#3 Print Post
Posted on December 31 2009 04:56 PM

thanks toe_nail!
should help... but im still stuck on how my mind knows people i dont know :\

thanks again, ill try it. Smile
teeco
he was like Pfft and she was like Grin and i was like Frown

Samantha
#4 Print Post
Posted on October 05 2011 09:14 PM

teecobug wrote:
hello all!
befor i say what i came to say, im just going to tell you all that im moving, so i wont be on quite as much.
anyway,
iv looked everywhere to see what this means, but i cant find it.
i have been having weird dreams lately. dreams where i meat random people and talk with them as if i know them. we talk and talk and i find out random things like there favorate drinks, favorate food, color ect. once i feel like i know them like a brother/sister i wake up.
i will think "wow... that was weird..." but then, later that day, or later that week, i will see them. walking down the street or something. i will rush out to say hi, and call them by name, and they will look at me like "who the heck are you?!?! iv never seen you in my life! stalker!!" and then walk quickly away. i feel sorta depressed then... i mean, like, they wer my best friend in my dream.... and they have no idea who i am.
i have only met one person who recognised me. we talked FOREVER! now we are like brother and sister. we are really close and we have everything in common.

i highly doubt anyone of you has any idea what this means, but i want to atleast check... i feel like im going insane.
teeco
Omg! I have the same thing, and I found out what it is. Its because our self-consious sees that person, like, you might go to a cafe and see that person sitting at a table, and your self consious takes note. And then at night, you dream about that person that you saw, and your brain builds a story around them. Thats why the number one job for us is being a writer.
Its because the arithmetic side of our brain SUCKS, so our creative side has to make up for it.
I love being the way i am, I cant think of anything WORSE than have a brain like a calculater. If someone calls you silly for the way you think, don't feel bad, I just say to myself "if they don't understand me, don't try and explain to them that your not stupid, if there stupid enough to think your stupid, then they were obviously not worth explaining to!!"
Please tell me if you think the same Grin
Smile

dandy22
#5 Print Post
Posted on October 05 2011 09:37 PM

Teeco, I've never met anyone in my dreams before, but I've had similar experiences. Like events happen in my dreams then they happen in real life. I once had a dream that someone pulled the fire alarm at school, and we stood outside for a long time until the fire department showed up. The very next day it happened. My dad also gets those kinds of dreams.
When a person goes blind or deaf, their other senses become more heightened. I wonder if because we're dyscalculic that some of us are given these abilities to peak into the future?
Equations are the devil's sentences. -Stephen Colbert

drewbelmore
#6 Print Post
Posted on October 12 2011 07:38 AM

Wow...its very interesting to know that you have in the same situation that i'm experiencing since months.

Jump to Forum: