Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 6

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
Tramatic Brain Injury YouTube video
justfoundout
#1 Print Post
Posted on April 27 2009 03:06 PM

4/27/09
I watched a good YouTube video this morning. It's called, "Living with a Tramatic Brain Injury." I especially what one of the survivor's said in her part of the video. This part was Anita's Story. She said that since her accident, it doesn't take very much pressure to make her mind go blank,... that it just 'shorts out'. And she says that she has to organize and control the way that information 'comes in'. A moderator also speaks on this video, giving supplementary information. Anita's Tramatic Brain Injury (TBI) has affected her executive functions and organization ability. After her accident, she couldn't read or do math. Further along in the video, an expert explains that some people with TBI are viewed by others as 'lazy', when they aren't lazy, but rather the part of the brain that should get them to begin working on a task is injured. Intellectually, they know what needs to be done, but they don't initiate the task.

Anita likes to walk and notice nature along the way, such as observing a bird's nest,... and seeing how it looks from day to day.

I would like to see a film of this quality done on dyscalculia. This one on TBI was done under a grant. - jus'

This film is almost 30 minutes long.

http://www.youtub...gtHvBF4t-E
Edited by justfoundout on April 27 2009 03:08 PM

Jump to Forum: