Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 11

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
Understanding
eoffg
#1 Print Post
Posted on July 17 2007 01:16 PM

Administrator

I just posted this on Schwablearning forum, in reply to Jmj who wrote of her sons Dyslexia;

Jmj, if you don't mind me quoting you:
"As hard as it is to experience the struggles of life and particularly as a parent experiencing our child's struggle, I so desire for it to have a higher purpose. In my own son's life it has given him eyes for those that people mistreat or have forgotten...the kid in the wheelchair in ESE that nobody ever talks to, the kids at lunch that never get invited to sit at a table and he has made it his goal to welcome and befriend such as these. My desire is to not always focus on his particular issues (which the last several days I certainly have!) but to see how God is using it for good in the bigger picture."

What greater vision could we have for humanity!
GeoffPfft,

Laura
#2 Print Post
Posted on July 17 2007 04:23 PM

That is so cool!! I think kids who experience difficulties in life(i am not saying all kids are) are more aware of others needs and are kinda like an angel in disguise for kids who have not got a friend/place to eat lunch or people who understand what its like and will stand by them no matter what. Jmj i think you have a very special child Grin
BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT

Countess
#3 Print Post
Posted on July 17 2007 07:36 PM

Administrator

... totally agree with Laura Smile

Countess
'You should really be sympathetic to people who suffer 'Normalism' (Geoff)
My Child (born 97) has Dyscalculia
Sorry for any spelling mistakes ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/countess_mom
Jump to Forum: