Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,048
· Newest Member: Nicki Holmes

View Thread

Print Thread
Scholarships - Programs (a Collection)
Countess
#1 Print Post
Posted on July 03 2007 07:31 PM

Administrator

Thanks to Alunasa Grin lets have a collection about Scholarships. This is such an important issue.

Countess
Edited by Countess on July 03 2007 07:36 PM
'You should really be sympathetic to people who suffer 'Normalism' (Geoff)
My Child (born 97) has Dyscalculia
Sorry for any spelling mistakes ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/countess_mom
Countess
#2 Print Post
Posted on July 03 2007 07:33 PM

Administrator

Copy of a thread Alunasa started:

I was searching for college scholarships specifically for people with dyscalculia or other learning disabilities when I stumbled across this. I hope that it may be helpful to someone with a child who needs financial support.

This scholarship is for the state of Florida only.

McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program:
https://www.flori...y/faqs.asp

Or for a more printer friendly version go here:
http://www.florid...rint=true&

"The McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program expands statewide the school choice program originally created in 1999 as a pilot program. The scholarships are available for eligible students with disabilities to attend an eligible public or private school of their choice. Students with disabilities include K-12 students who are documented as having a mental handicap, including trainable, profound, or educable; a speech or language impairment; a hearing impairment, including deafness; a visual impairment, including blindness; a dual sensory impairment; a physical impairment; a serious emotional disturbance, including an emotional handicap; a specific learning disability, including, but not limited to, dyslexia, dyscalculia, or developmental aphasia; a traumatic brain injury; or autism."

For more information, visit their website.

-Alunasa

Countess
#3 Print Post
Posted on July 03 2007 07:35 PM

Administrator

Copy of Alunasa:

Hello again,
I'm still looking for a scholarship for me, and in the process found this one. Since I'm not a high school senior, I thought I'd pass it on to you. Good Luck,

-Alunasa

Anne Ford Scholarship

Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and must demonstrate financial need. Applicant must also show documentation of an identified learning disability. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and be enrolled as a senior in high school with the intention of pursuing a 4-year undergraduate degree. Applicant must submit a completed application, a personal statement describing the applicant's frustrations and triumphs in dealing with his or her specific learning disability. Essays should also include how they embody the characteristics of an ideal candidate and should make specific mention of how they believe a college education will enhance their lives (Please see website for more details). Applicant must also submit a high school transcript, three letters of recommendation, a financial statement, standardized test scores, and current documentation of learning disability.

Award amount
Mimimum Award: $10,000.00
Average Award: $10,000.00
Maximum Award: $10,000.00
Deadline Details: December 31

Mimimum GPA: 3.0
Maximum GPA: 4.0
Sponsor information

National Center for Learning Disabilities, Inc.

381 Park Avenue South, Suite 1401
New York, NY 10016-8806
United States

212 545-7510
212 545-9665 (fax)

http://www.ncld.org
Contact information

Scholarship Administrator

381 Park Avenue South, Suite 1401
New York, NY 10016-8806
United States

212 545-7510
212 545-9665 (fax)

Alunasa
#4 Print Post
Posted on July 03 2007 08:38 PM

Here's another one,

Bank of America Abilities Scholarship Program

Scholarships awarded to students with disabilities (including learning disabilities) who have a career interest in finance, business or computer science, a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and who reside in the United States of America - Specifically the states of:

Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or Washington

Award amount: $5,000.00
Deadline Details: April 1

Mimimum GPA: 3.0
Maximum GPA: 4.0
Sponsor information

Bank of America Abilities Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 1465
Taylors, SC 29687
1-864-268-3363

http://www.bankof...
[url]http://www.scholarshipprograms.org/bada/bada_2005_ins.htm [/url](2005 Information)
Edited by Countess on July 03 2007 10:23 PM

LikaLaruku
#5 Print Post
Posted on December 11 2007 11:07 AM

Any art scholarships?

justfoundout
#6 Print Post
Posted on December 11 2009 08:12 PM

12/11/09
Dear Likalaruku,
That's a good question. If you don't mind, please tell us what country you are in. You may have already told us this in one of your previous postings, but if you'll put that on your profile, it will 'follow you around' on the forum. Then, if someone knows of 'art scholarships' in your country, or your area, their 'offerings' will be more likely to be of benefit to you. There is one forum member who will be starting her Master's in Fine Arts next semester (or maybe it's for Fall,... I don't remember.) She's had to learn to write all kinds of appeals and requests for grants and scholarships,... but she hasn't been on the forum lately. So, please let us know what country you're in? - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on December 11 2009 08:13 PM

Paige80
#7 Print Post
Posted on August 09 2010 06:24 AM

Thanks for the list. I am also curious if they also offer economics essays writing for plastic surgery sacramento products or any Interior Design related economics scholarships?
Edited by Paige80 on September 26 2011 01:11 AM

justfoundout
#8 Print Post
Posted on August 09 2010 03:06 PM

8/9/10
Hi Paige80,
I see that this is your first post here on the forum, so let me be the first to welcome you! If you're like me, and you're needing a scholarship to get your education 'paid for', you've probably been using the 'search engines' to find what you're looking for,... and the word 'scholarship' brought you here to us. ;) I was a tiny bit perplexed that you're needing a scholarship in "economics essays writing or any related economics scholarships", until I figured out that you'd probably found us while searching 'scholarships'. It could 'happen' that you would find that on our list of scholarships, or that someone here would have information for you. We're a 'helpful bunch' here. But, please let me explain something to you. This is a forum used by people who are 'dyscalculic', so, in general, we run in the opposite direction of anything that has the word 'economics' in its title. ;) Nice to meet you, Paige80. I hope this clears things up a little for you. Come back and chat anytime. - jus'

Jump to Forum: